Monday, February 3, 2014

January 13th
 
Hi guys!
 
Well this week was full of ups and downs like usual.
On tuesday we met this amazing lady named Ida. She is from Switzerland and is so cute. We offered to help her put up her Christmas decorations and got to talking. She told us how she has met tons of mormon because she is in a yolding (i don't know how to spell that) group and they preformed at Temple Square in 1999. and she also skiied there and loved it. haha, she is in her 70's! She had to go in and rest that day, but said we could come back the next day. So we did. She vacumed for her and she made us herbal tea and this dessert and this really yummy bread. I have no idea what it was but it was all so good and so fancy. We had afternoon tea! with china and the little serving tray and everything. It was quite the event and I felt like i was either in Harry Potter or Wethering Heights. It was so fun. She is Lutheran, but we talked to her about the churh while we cleaned. She said we could come back anytime, so we are going to try and get her to chruch. We'll see how it goes. :)
Our Bishop gave us a huge less active list that he wants us to check up on this month, so we have met with a ton of LA members this week. But that's kind of my favortie thing, so I don't mind. We have 3 less actives that have come back to church in the last two months, so we are making progress.
Yesterday, Sister Olsen, (who is the wife of the Stake president, and is in our ward) asked if we would come to the Stake baptism program that they have for all the 7 year olds turning 8 this year. and they talk about baptism and how they can prepare. She asked us if we would take them down to the font while the parents stayed in the chaple for more talks. So we took 23 7 years down to the font and we told them how the whole process works and what they will do the day they are baptized. We had some greta questions like, "will the water be warm?", "how many miles deep is the water?" "What if the bishop doesn't pass my interview?" "How long will the person hold me under water?" and it went on and on :) but it was so much fun! It made me miss Ty and Avery so much! I can't wait to be around kids again! But it was so special to see how excited they are to get baptized. They have such a powerful light in them. I wish all my investigators could have been there to see that.
Well family, I love you and I miss you. Thank you for all your love and support. Be safe and go out and share your testimony with someone this week! I LOVE YOU THE MOST
 
kiera lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment