Monday, February 3, 2014

January 20th

Hey guys!

So this week was a very humbling week. 
We stopped by one of our investigators because she wouldn't return our phone calls. And she was home! But she was not doing good. She is in her 70's and just lost her husband in July. She was just so sad and so lonely. She talked about how she doesn't feel complete and doesn't know what to do with herself anymore. She says some days are ok and she can get through, other days she just cries and cries. My heart just broke while we listened to her. We only stayed for about 10 mins cause she just wasn't up for a lesson. But we shared a scripture with her and prayed. When I left I just felt so grateful for the plan of salvation and the hope and peace it gives us.
Then later we did service for a member who is in a wheel chair. Then had dinner with a member who lost her husband some years ago.
Then we went to coordination, and at the end we found out that our ward mission leader, brother Kovacs has cancer. In my mind he is like superman grandpa! He can't have cancer. It just doesn't make sense.
SO after all these things this week, I just feel so blessed. I realized that life is so hard and at times, unbearable. But with the gospel, it's doable. We can get through this life with joy and peace because of the gospel. My testimony has grown so much this last week and I'm so happy. I'm so happy because I have the truth. This gospel is happiness. and we need to be grateful for all that we have and then share it that happiness. 
I'm so grateful for all of you and all your love. This life wouldn't mean much without family. 
I LOVE YOU THE MOST!  

No comments:

Post a Comment