Monday, February 3, 2014


Today at 1:48 PM
Hey everyone!
 
Wow this week for sure had it's UP's and DOWNS!
 
We'll start with an UP. So monday night, we had a lesson with Kate, ans we had planned to talk about the Book of mormon and the Restoration and see if she had a testimony of either. So we started talking and then SHE started talking about baptism. So here is her story. When she was in the islands, she had the lessons from the missionaries with her sister. She remembered them always talking about baptism and baptism and baptism, but she didn't join the church. But she felt the spirit when they were there and knew they were different. When she came to the states a little over a year ago, she remembered what the elders had always said about the need to be baptized, and she believed that. Her sister would also always talk about how wonderful she felt after her baptism and that she felt different after. And kate wanted that. So when she got here, she had no idea where she was or where a church was. So she found the closest 'church of christ' and went and signed up to be baptized. And a week later she was. she said that when she was changing in to the clothing, she didn't feel anything. then when she was baptized and cam up out of the water, again, she flet nothing. no happiness or feeling clean or anything. nothign like her sister had talked about.   The next week, the elders knocked on her door, and then she told them that she had just gotten baptized. SO we arent' sure what happened after this, but they lost contact and then found her again about 7 months later, which was in November right before i got here to the area. So Sister Johnson and I are sitting there just amazed at what we are hearing! so we explain a little bit of the priesthood and that is what we need in order for a baptism to be valid. and then asked her if she wanted to be baptized but the authority of God, and she said yes! she was crying and the spirit was so strong.
I felt so blessed to have been a part of that and to help her and just love her and Richard! We meet with them again tonight, so we will set a date for sure.
Tuesday and Wedensady were normal days, we had a little birthday party for brother Kovacs after coordination, there was lots of yummy food :)
and then Thursday morning I woke up sick. SO sick. I was throwing up ALL day, I slept on the bathroom floor most of the day and just wanted to die. I couldn't walk, or eat or sleep or do anything but hug the toilet. It was not fun. But there is a cool story. We asked our Zone Leaders to come and give me blessing, and they came later that night When I had stopped throwing up. Elder Roberts gave me a blessing, and it was beautiful and so powerful. He commanded my body and cells to re-order themselves and function properly. I had nver had a blessing like that. Right after they left I felt so dizzy and thought I was going to pass out. I layed down, and the wierdest feeling came, and it lasted for about 2 minutes, and then the nausea was gone, the headach was gone. It was amazing. I was able to sleep through the night. I was so weak the next day that I just slept all day and most of saturday too. Sunday I finally felt good enough to go out and we went to church, and last night I was back to me.
I am so grateful for the power of the priesthood. I KNOW that it is real and that God know us and loves us.
SO that was our week. And yes we have transfers this week, and yes I'm leaving.
I'm going to North Torrance, Spanish, And you will never guess who my comp is... Sister Warner! haha no joke!
So that's what's happening. I love you all so much! thank you for all the letters this week, and for the movie pictures! I will write back soon :)
I love you all so much! I LOVE YOU THE MOST
 
Kiera Lynn

1 comment:

  1. Marvelous healing! Love to read all your great missionary experiences!
    Love you bunches! Sandra

    ReplyDelete