Monday, February 3, 2014

January 27th
 
Hi Everyone!
 
We had a really great week! We found a former investigator earlier this week. Her name in Kate and her 7 yr old son Richard. When we knocked on her door, she let us in and we were able to meet her. Her cousin was there too, who is a member of the Church. So we had a lesson with her and invited her to church, and guess who was a church yesterday!!? Kate, Richard and her cousin. It was so great to watch them walk in. She seemed relly happy. I little overwhelmed at times, but happy. We have another meeting with them tonight. Say a prayer that she has an open heart.
Also earlier this week, we got a referral from Head Quarters for a man named Kenneth. We called him up and set up a time to come by. We brought Sister Sagers with us (the Sagers are ex- mission presidents in Texas). When we got to the address, if was for a care center... I was very worried that the person we were about to go teach was going to.. not be all there. But we went in and met Kenneth. And he is one of the sweetest people I have ever met. He is in the care center because He had to have back surgery and now has to re-learn how to walk. He was taught by other missionaries in the hospital and wanted to keep learning, so that's how we got his info. He's read in the Book of Mormon and believes that it's true and wants to be baptized. He can't leave the center yet, and when he does he will move to Inglewood. So we won't be here forever, and it will take him a while to be able to go to church, but when he can, I know that he will be baptized. I'm so grateful that we met him and that we get to teach him while he is hear. He has so much faith and is so strong.
This week has been a week of answered prayers. Little things, but they ALL have been answered. I've really seen the blessings that come from having specific prayers and sincere prayers, it does make a difference.
Oh and me and Sister Johnson spoke in Sacrament meeting yesterday. It went really well. We have such an incredilbe ward and I'm so grateful fot their love and support. Which is why I will be a little upset if I get tranfered next week. I don't want to leave, so hopefully I won't, but I also have never been in an area longer than three months, so based on that, my time is up :) but what ever happens, I know that it's what the Lords wants and needs.
Thank you for all your love and prayers, I really can feel them every day. I LOVE YOU THE MOST
 
Kiera Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment