Tuesday, January 28, 2014

January 6th, 2014
 
Hey Everyone,
New Years Eve dinner -Nutella and bananas!!
 
Well this week we had a small miracle! We found a new investigator! She was a referral we had been trying to contact the whole month of december, and she finally opened the door! We set a return apt and came back on thursday. When we got there she told us that she had just lost her husband the last week of October. She has a 9yr, nicholas, and a 5yr old, madison. We taught her the Plan of Salvation and you could just see her face light up with hope. She accepted everything and said she would read the book of mormon. We are really excited about her. If you could please keep her in your prayers. :)
For new years we had to be in early, so we came home made banana nutella french toast, read conference talks, popped popcorn and watched Legacy in Spanish :) It was a pretty fun night.
I went on exchanges this week and got to go to a spanish area!!!!!! It was so much fun. I miss it. But I love my ward here so much. English really isn't that bad... I just know that I'm actaully a latina, so I miss my culture :)
We also met with a Hindu family this week. He had asked for a bom about a month ago, so we decided to check up on him and he invited us into his home, and made his two kids and wife come in to listen to us. We didn't teach an actual lesson becasue they started off with tons of questions. They asked a lot about the temple. We also learned a little about their religion too. It was a really neat expereince. We also met with this man named Ahmad who converted to Christianity 6 years ago, but he has to keep it quite or else there are some people that could kill him... kinda scary.
 
It was a good week, full of new experience and many New Years Resolutions. I hope you all have made some goods ones and have plans to carry them out :) I love you all so much. The gospel is true and the Atonement is real! Never lose faith in that.  :) I LOVE YOU THE MOST!
 
Kiera lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment