Sunday, July 27, 2014

June 23rd, 2014
 
Hi Everyone!
 
Well this week was awesome!
 
To start off, last monday we had a lesson with a man and his wife we had met the week before. We brought a member with us and the rest is downhill from there. haha! We started out just fine talking about God and prophets, and then we get to Joesph Smith, and wow he had a problem. He just kept telling us that ALL the truth was in the bible and that anyone who said there was more was of the devil and not of God. He then handed each of us a little flyers that said "Nadie tiene tiempo para Dios!" No one has time for God. He then kindly told us that he did not think there was a reason for us to meet again. I graciously and 100% agreed with him very quickly. We said a prayer, and then right as we ended, he started praying in a very...interesting way that kinda scared me actually. haha I will not forget how happy i was to walk out. But it really just makes me sad in the end that some people are so hard hearted to not even try to learn for themselves.
Tuesday was a little different, President called and asked us that morning to come to the District leader trainng and give a training to the DL's!! President started out by comforting everyone by telling them that we weren't new district leaders and that we didn't have the preisthood. haha it was funny :)
Wedensday we went to the Temple! It was so beautiful and so needed. I love the temple. I'm so grateful for the opportunity to be able to go to such a sacred place and feel the spirit so stong.
We went on exchanges this week too. I went to the Redondo area with Sister Smith, I love her so much! She is one of the funniest missionaries I've ever worked with. We contacted people right on the beach! It was so beautiful. We also talked to a couple of crazy people, but some normal ones too :)
We also had interviews with President Weidman this week. He talked to me a lot about the Gospel of Christ. The Gospel of Christ is what we live every day to be able to live with Heavenly Father again. He told me that that is what I needed to focus on now and when I'm home. Is living the gospel of Christ. Having faith daily, repenting daily. Renewing and keeping covenants, and following the holy ghost. It was amazing advice!
I love you so much!Tthank you for all you do and for all the prayers and support. I love you the most!
 
Hermana Wright / kiera lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment