Monday, June 16, 2014

Hey family and friends!
 
Well this week was a blurr to be honest. I cant remember what was this week or last month! it's all mushed together.
But we did have a couple of awesome experiences. We had found a guy last week named Omar who came to our english class and we taught him after class then set up a time to meet with him again. We went and saw him on tuesday and we taught the restoration and it went super good! Then we taught him how to pray and had him say the closing prayer. He paused for a long time in the middle of his prayer, and then ended. We asked how he felt and he told us that while he was praying he felt something really strong. He said he couldn't describe it but that it was more than peace, more than just calm or happy, and it was strong. So me and Sister Young were able to testify to him that he had felt the spirit. We could feel it too. We met with him the next night with a couple of members, and invited him to be baptized, and he accepted! He is going to have a hard time getting work off for church on Sunday's, but we are going to work with him on that.
Also this week we found a woman, and taught her just a littlle bit about the blessings that come from the gospel, and she came to church on sunday with her two little boys! It was so exciting to have her be at church and feel the spirit.
We had a great week. I can't really remember anything else that happened, but it was good.
 
This week I read the 2000 stripling warriors story and it stuck out to me. I love this story. I think most people do, and it's a familiar one that we all know. What stuck out this time is that even tho all these boys were saved and not one was slain, there was also not one of them that didn't have many wounds. It showed me that everyone is going to have wounds in this life. whether it's mistakes that we've made, others that have hurt us, bad habits, or just the everyday things that come with living in this world, no one is going to make it out without having gotten some wounds. But that is what is so beautiful about this story, none of them were slain, because they put their trust in God. Just like these young men, if we put our trust in God, we will be able to have the full blessing of the Atonement heal us form our wounds and we will be saved. There is always hope. When we trust God and turn our lives over to him, there is always hope to be better, to start over, and to be happy. I know that the Savior died for that exact reason. So that we can be happy and be made clean. I know that he lives. I have felt his love and his power. This really is His church, and I'm so grateful to have it in my life.
I love you all so much, thank you for your amazing examples and all the support you have given me over this last year. I love the gospel and i know that its true! I LOVE YOU THE MOST!
 
heraman Wright / Kiera lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment