Monday, June 16, 2014

June 2, 2014

Hi Everyone!
 
Can you even believe it's June! I can not! May went by way to fast.
So we had some pretty cool things happen this week. The best was yesterday, but of course I'll save the best for last.
So I went on exchanges twice this week. The first one was with Sister Yanez. Her and Sister Walker are in our ward, so they are our best friends :) But I went to their area, and got to be on bike!!! I was sooo happy. I miss my bike so much. But it was a really windy day, so it was a little hard, but so much fun! We bought some pan dulce (sweets or pastries) at a panadaria that were so good, and we talked to tons of people. We met with one of their investigators, Arturo and Raquel, and they are so much fun! They treated us like we were their children and have the desire to learn. They also got us these popcicle things soaked in chile powder, haha it was pretty good.
Then I went on exchanges with Sister Smith in their area, which is english, but it was a lot of fun! A member took us out to lunch and then brought us to talk to someone she had met a couple weeks ago on the street. His name was Luigi, he's from Italy, and is probably a hundred years old, ok not really, but he's old. So Luigi is super hard hearted and is orthadox...something, I don't even know. But we taught him the restoration cause he wanted to know what we believe. When we finished, he looked at us and told us that we had just done a horrible job. Haha I thought he was kidding, but he was not. He then when on to tell us that he wants to read the Book of Mormon first, then have his son read it, then his daughter, then his other son, and then have a conversation with them and us about the church. He then made me play this little game when I drew two pictures in 15 seconds three times. From what I drew, he was able to tell me who I was, Where I came from, and what I wanted in life. It was ridiculous. The only thing he got right was that I come from a good strong family with good long roots. Everything else was just off and almost rude, haha but oh well, He's old.
After that we were able to teach a young guy named Jusin, who is half Korean half Mexican, and is muslim... he is obviously confused about who he is. But he had a lot of great questions. It was fun to teach him because he was really thinking about it and wanted to understand. We taught him in a old peoples home because he was spending time with his grandfather, who doesn't talk anymore. I tell you this because the old man who was in the bed next to his grandpa, was hilarious! Haha we had shut the curtain between us to give him privacy, but right before we were about to leave he got a phone call and and yelled " hey! hey you behind the curtain!" So i popped my head around the curtain and he said " this woman wants to come see me tomorrow, should I tell her yes?" I told him he could do whatever he wanted. So he told her yes .Two minutes later he called to me again " hey! hey behind the curtain!" I went around again. he said " This lady doesn't have a car, what do I tell her?" and I responded, being 100% serious, "maybe she could get a taxi?" and he said so seriously back " now this is no time for funny business missy." We all bursted into laughter. Haha I had no idea I was being funny, nor was I trying to be. haha it just caught all of us off guard. He then went on to tell us that his mother was coming, which he himself was about 80 years old. Oh and his name was Arnold :)
ok that was long, sorry.
So the best thing that happened this week was that Elder Ballard came to our mission yesterday and spoke to us! And he came to our stake, so we were able to hear him twice! It was such an amazing experience  to be able to meet an apostle of the Lord. He was so wonderful! Just full of love and peace. He gave us advice and counsel on how we can improve as a mission and be better individuals. The main thing I got out of it was that we need to call down the powers of heaven always. This is His work, He knows how to do it. We should involve him. Not just in missionary work, but in everything. This is His perfect plan we are living, He knows what we need to be doing. We need to ask him.
Another thing I loved that he said was he was flying somewhere with La Gran Richards, and asked him if he ever worried. Elder Richards said "No I don't worry. This is God and Jesus Christ' church, I'll let them worry about it. I'm just here to do my best."
We are all here trying to do our best, and that is all God asks of us. If we are honestly doing all we can to live the commandments and keep our covneants, we will be blessed. That's a promise.
Well I'm sorry this was so long this week. But i'm so grateful for the gospel, I know that it's true, and we are so blessed to have it. I love you all so much. Thanks for your love and support. I LOVE YOU THE MOST.
 
hermana wright / kiera lynn :)

No comments:

Post a Comment