Sunday, July 27, 2014

July 7th, 2014
 
Happy July Everyone!
I am so happy that June is over, because here there is this horrible thing called June gloom, and its all this smog and humidity and mucky stuff that makes everything grey and ugly. (so if you ever want to visit LA, don't go in June) But it's all gone now! The only down side is it's super hot now! We started showering at night cause we are so gross when we come home. But it's fun. I'm starting to get a watch tan line :)
 
Well this week, like every week, we say miracles. The first one I would like to share is that one of our investigators, Jennifer, accepted a baptismal date!!! We love her and her family so much! She has 4 little boys, 9, 4, 3 and and one year old. They are so cute, a little crazy, but we have a lot fun. And last night we were able to have a FHE with them and another family in our ward who also have four young boys! So perfect. It went really well. She was also at churh yesterday!
 
The second miracle is that Omar was at church!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
He was about 15 minutes late, but when we turned around and saw him walking in, in his chef uniform and apron, we did not care how late he was! He came! And we found out that there was someone who didn't show up to work that day, so he didn't think he was going to be able to leave for an hour, but they still let him! What a tender mercy. And he was able to meet the stake president, who speaks spanish, and the bishop. And he told both of them when he was getting baptized! Haha he is so great. Omar is amazing. We love him so much.
 
Another fun thing. we found out in MLC this week, that the First Presidency has made changes to  what missionaries teach. Missionaries now have to teach lesson 5, "Laws and Ordinances" before baptism. It used to be that it was just after baptism lesson, but now it has to be taught before. I am so excited about this! Because in this lesson, they learn about priesthood, temple work, missioanry work, and teaching and callings in the church. I know this will really help investigators understand that baptism is just a step, and that the temple is the real goal. We have already started teaching Omar these things, and it is so apparent to see that he has that mind set of getting to the temple in a year.
 
Well I can't believe another week is gone. They keep going faster and faster, and I can't seem to make it slow down. How does time do that? Isn't it comforting to know, that is the eternities, there won't be "time" to stop or end our happiness. That we will be able to have a fulness of joy with our families, with no worries of saying goodbye, or waiting to be reunited. That principle alone, brings me so much peace and joy, and I know that it's true. I know that we can really be with each other forever. Everyone! Every person that we love in this life, we can be with them forever, IF we all keep our covenants.
I know that God lives. He has a perfect plan for us and loves us perfectly. What a blessing to be part of His true church. And if you aren't yet, or aren't keeping covenants, simply ask yourself "what is holding me back?" I promise that there is nothing more important than this gospel. Nothing more important that making and keeping covenants with our Heavenly Father. He is ready to bless us, all we have to do is act.
And if we are active and keeping our covenants, what more can we do? Are we following the council given by modern day prophets to share the gospel, to invite and follow up. There is always more we can do :)
I love this gospel. I know that it's true because I've lived it. I've lived it and I've seen the blessings that come from it. I love my Savior, I know that he lives, I have felt his love. I love representing Him and His church, and I am going to try to be the best I can be for these last six weeks, and help others have the happiness that I do.
I love you all so much. Thank you for all your love and support. I LOVE YOU THE MOST!
 
Hermana Wright / Kiera

No comments:

Post a Comment