Thursday, May 29, 2014


Apr 28
Hey Everyone!

Well this week was just awesome for a lot of different reasons. 
First, we got a new investigator from Los Angeles English. His name is Leonel and he is from Columbia. He came to the class and loved the spiritual thought we gave at the end. He asked tons of questions and wanted us to come by as soon as possible. So we met with him of Friday and his sister was there as well. They had TONS of questions and we were able to answer all of them.They both said they would read and pray about the Book of Mormon. I am excited for them! 
This week I also had a 12 month training with President and the other missionaries I came out with. They gave these papers we had filled out when we first got to the mission last year, and we had to read them and see what our goals were a year ago and where we were with those goals. I have to say that I am still working on mine! But I think it will be a life time pursuit haha :) But I was grateful for this training because it taught me a lot about submitting to the Lord. President told us that we can't go home the same people we were when we left. We have to change and be what the Lord wants us to be. That is how we will know if we were humble enough to grow and be shaped by His hand. It was a really great training.
And then on Saturday night, I got to go back to Hollywood. Jackie and her mom Emma were baptized!!!! It was one of the best days of my mission. To see she her all in white and just beaming with light, put me into tears. She was so happy and there was no fear or concern on her face. She had been waiting for this day for a long time. She knew that what she was doing what right. I know without a doubt, that Jackie is one of those people I was meant to come and meet. She has taught me so much about faith and hope. Nine months ago, she knew she would get baptized, and it didn't concern her. She always told us that she would get baptized in the Lords timing, and she was right. She just needed to wait so that her mother could hear the gospel too. When bishop Nunez baptized them, both of them kind of threw themselves in the water. It was very fast and I don't think I've ever seen the font splash with waves before. Haha it was pretty funny. Everyone said they were just to excited to wait for bishop to lower them into the water! :) and Now they are baptized members of the church, and Jackie is already excited to go through the temple in a year!
These really are the times when every hard thing you've been though on your mission are all worth it. These are the times where you never want to go home because you feel like you really have found your home here with these people. I am beyond grateful for the incredible people I've met on my mission. They have blessed my life so much. 
Oh and i'm being transferred again! haha going to Harbor 3rd in Torrance with Sister Robinson. Should be fun :)
I know the gospel is true with all my heart. It is amazing. 
I love you all so much. Thank you for all the support and love! I love you the most!

kiera/ hermana wright 

No comments:

Post a Comment