Sunday, October 27, 2013

October 20th, 2013
 
 
Hey everyone!

Ok so this week was kinda of awesome! First off... Joseph got baptized! I got to go back up to Hollywood and be there for the baptism. It was the best feeling in the world. He was so happy and the spirit was there so strong. Me, Sister Warner and Elder Roberts and his comp sang, "If the Savior stood beside me." it was so beautiful. Everything went so well. It was an awesome experience. And we found out that Josephs dad, is taking the lessons from the missionaries!!!! So awesome. And I know Jackie will happen soon. She's just gotta convince Walter to marry her :)

Billy was also incredible. His family kicked him out, and he is sleeping in the car. They are West Sanili, which is a christian church in Tonga, and they are not happy that he is getting baptized. He's really struggled with it. In our lesson yesterday, we started crying and just walked out. But when he came back in, he told us everything that was going on, but how he knows this is what he needs to do. He says he owes everything to Tina, and that he knows she's supposed to be his eternal companion. It was such an awesome lesson. He is very strong and has been a great example for me.

We taught Ariel this week. She is also form YSA. She was raised with no concept of God, and is a physics major. So she has a lot of deep questions and just wants straight up answers. She doesn't really get the faith part, its hard for her to believe in something she can't have proof of. But we are working with her. :)

We also saw Hno Flores twice this week. He is just like hno. Marroquin. He's been taught for years, but won't get baptized. But we decided to just go over for 20 minutes three times a week and read the book of mormon with him, cause he won't read on his own. He doesn't believe in the 1st vision. So we are going to try this and see how it goes.

But ya, I'm loving my area more and more, I just really miss my bike!!!!! But it's ok, i'm learning to eat better.... kinda. I've actually lost weight if you can believe that. 
But I love you all tons. Thanks for everything you do for me! I love you the most!

kiera 

No comments:

Post a Comment