Wednesday, April 2, 2014


Mar 31 at 2:00 PM
Hi :)
 
Just so everyone knows, I am safe and alive after  the earthquakes :) haha! We did feel them and it was super cool!!!! But no damage around where I am. They are expecting more, but we'll see what happens.
Ok well aside form the earthquakes, another amazing thing happened.... Kate was baptized yesterday!!!! and she asked me to come back. :) It was such an incredible day. Kate is super sensitive to the spirit and was in tears the whole time. She was SO happy. After she was baptized, I asked her how she felt, and she said "clean, and happy" what more could you ask for? I feel so blessed that I was able to be part of..
Hermana Diaz, Maria, Me

 
Hermana Johnson, Kate, Me at Kate's baptism.
 
Kate's story. She has so much faith. She just wants to follow Christ. I remember the first lesson we had with her, she told us that she had been baptized in a Church of Christ because she wanted to do what the elders had taught her back on her island. She didn't know where else to go, so she acted :) Isn't that amazing!? She is going to be an amazing member of the church and will help so many people through her example! I LOVE her.
Another cool story. So Fernando, who is a recent convert, he got baptized my first week in this area. Shortly after that he lost his job because he told his boss that he could not work on Sundays. Cool huh? :) and he hasn't had a job for almost two months. Then Monday night we got a text and he had found a job!!! He said he knew that God would bless him if he had faith and kept looking. I was amazed. He wanted to be obedient and doing so, he was blessed. This morning I read Mosiah 2, and it's all about keeping the commandments, and that if we do we will be blessed. Verse 22 and 42 are my favorite. They talk about the "blessed and happy state of those who keep the commandments" I know that if we keep Gods commandments, Keep our covenants, God will provide for us spiritually and temporally. I KNOW that this is true. I've seen it in my own life and in the lives of so many people here. The Lord always keeps his promises, always :)
I love the gospel with all my heart. I know that it's true. I've seen to many miracles to ever doubt it. I love being a missionary. It's the greatest job in the world! I'm so grateful to be here and to have the knowledge that I do :) I love you all so much. Thank you for your love and your prayers. I LOVE YOU THE MOST!
 
Kiera lynn   Hermana Wright
 

No comments:

Post a Comment