Monday, April 21, 2014


Apr 7
Hey Everyone!
 
Well I hope Conference was as amazing for all of you as it was for me. I felt like a little kid at Christmas time to be honest. Earlier last week, I had written down the questions I had been thinking about for the last couple weeks, in total I had nine questions written down. By the end of Confernce yesterday, all nine of them had been answered! It was blessing and an answer to my prayers! I love Conference!
 
This week we had a lesson with this girl named Cathryn. She has been coming to our english classes and we were finally able to set up an appointmet with her. She is 22, from Guatemala, and has only been here for 2 months. Her brother was a member of the church but passed away a couple years ago. He never really said anything to her about the church. She is super quiet, and doesn't say much, so it was hard to tell what she thought about Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon. But the spirit was there, so we can only hope that she'll read the Book of Mormon and pray about it. We set up another apaiontment with her for this week.
 
Yesterday, after conference we went to the Visitors Center with Marco and Hermano Romero. It was awesome! Marco knew and understood way more about the Restoration than me and hna Diaz gave him credit for. I was glad he had understood. We were able to watch a video about the family with him and God's plan for the family in this life. It hit Marco really hard. He said that after watching it, he knew he needed to change and be better for his son. Then we walked around to the front of the temple with him and told him about how special the temple is. There was a sweet spirit there. I hope and pray that Marco will remember that special spirit. Please keep him in your paryers. He needs to stop drinking and come to church.
 
Well I don't rememebr what else happened.... this week went by super fast! But I do know that I love my mission! I love being a missionary! The Lord has blessed us so much. we have a living prophet! We don't have to guess or worry about what we should do, we just have to listen and follow. I know it's easier said than done, but it is possible and it is worth it :) I hope you all have plans on how you are going to apply the things you have learned in conference to your personal lives, your marriage, callings, and relationships. It does us no good to learn and gain a bunch of knowledge, and then do nothing with it. We must live what we learn, and that is when we will begin to see the change in ourselves and in our families.
I love you all so much! Thank you for the love and support. I LOVE YOU THE MOST!
 
Hermana Wright/ Kiera

No comments:

Post a Comment