Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Hola Everyone!!!

Wow! I can't not believe this is my last week in the MTC. It's gone by so fast, but at the same time I can't wait to get out of here! This place starts to feel like a prison at times... a very spiritual prison haha, it really is a great place though. So a typical day at the MTC...
I wake up at 6:30 every morning. I have a half hour to get ready, then we have to be in our classroom at 7. We have personal study time until 7:45, and then we head to the cafeteria for breakfast. Class starts at 8:20 every morning. During class we do teaching fundamentals, language lessons, and teaching. Teaching is where we have fake investigators that pretend to be someone else and we leach the lessons. Class gets done at 11:25, and then we have personal study time again. ( this time is usually when we talk and play the coin flipping game haha) Then we have lunch at 12:25. Once we come back from lunch we have TALL. TALL is a language study program online ( it's super hard to stay awake during that time) after that we have language study again. Then class again. We have two teachers, brother durrant (who reminds me so much of dave glover) and brother gilmore ( who is the funniest person alive!!) After that we have dinner at 5:25. then come back and do portal, or more TALL and then planning at 7:30. Then we have gym at 8:10 (my favorite part of the day, besides feeling the spirit) then we get ready for bed, write in our journals, pray and then lights are out at 10:30.
So thats how everyone single day goes. So you can see why im excited to leave. But what will be hard is leaving my district. We have gotten so close, we really are like a family, we spend 13 hours together every day, so we are super close and have so much fun together.
Conference was amazing wasn't it???!!!! I felt like every talk was given for me and that they all were about missionary work! It was a great weekend.
So Brad Hauck left on monday, he got re-assigned to..... Denver South mission!!!! crazy huh! he's still waiting for a visa to Brazil.
I got letters and packages from Yevette Barker! So excited that Austin is there now! Thanks to Yevette for sending that letter, I felt so loved.
I got a package from the Wards today! thank you lilly, landon and layla for the nice notes! I will keep them forever and will try to write you back tonight. And thanks richel for the package :)
I also got a letter from Janessa this week!! It was hilarious and my day!! haha I miss her.
Thank you to everyone for the letters and for the prayers. You really can feel the prayers that are said for you. So thank you!
Well I still love being a missionary! There is nothing more gratifying than knowing that you are helping in the lords work. I am so happy here. I feel so blessed to have the opportunity to be serving Him. I love the gospel so much and know without a doubt that it's all true. I have learned so much since I've been here, and my testimony has been strengthened. I will always be grateful to the lord for allowing me to help bring his children back to him, and I hope that I can make a positive impression on someone while im out here.
I love you all so much, and miss you too. Thanks again for the letters and prayers! Love you!

-Kiera

No comments:

Post a Comment