Tuesday, August 19, 2014

This is Kiera's last letter before she comes home tomorrow! We are so grateful for her service and the spirit that has flowed from her the last 18 months. Thank You all for your love and for keeping her in your prayers. She is truly humbled by all your love!!


August 18th, 2014
Hermana Wright's departing fireside
w/ Becca Knowlton(Love Her!)
                                                                                 
 
 
I can't believe that this has finally come. It still hasn't hit me. It just doesn't feel real. But this week was so amazing. We saw so many tender mercies. Things I will never forget. 
One of them was this last Wednesday. We were looking for a less active member at this home, and her husband, who is not a member, answered the door and told us she wasn't there. We asked if he had ever talked with missionaries before. He told us that he had many times, and that he just can't accept the Book of Mormon. He went on to tell us all of the reasons why we didn't need the Book of Mormon, and how he doesn't need to read it, he already has the bible, and that's enough for him. We tried explaining, testifying, anything, but he wouldn't let us get a word in. It go to the point where he became very rude and disrespectful. We tried ending the conversation several times before it actually happened. We walked away in silence, all a little frustrated that he didn't let us try to explain. And then I had the strongest feeling come over me. It hit me so hard. I knew the Book of Mormon was true. I've always believed it was true, but in this moment I knew. I could feel the spirit so strong, testifying that it is God's word, and that it was written for us. I know without a doubt that this book, contains the Gospel of Christ. It is the tool of the Restoration. And I know that, because I've read it, and I've prayed, and I got an answer that it is true. Even if this man were to give us every evidence and fact that the Book of Mormon wasn't true, I would still know that it is. 
Although this experience is not a very happy one, it is one I will never forget and will hold dear to my heart for the rest of my life. 
I want you all to know, that choosing to serve a mission, has been the best decision of my life. I know that I was supposed to be here. I know that I was called by a prophet of God to be a representative of Jesus Christ. And it was been the greatest privilege to represent Him and His church these last 18 months. I have never felt so much joy. I have never cried so hard. I've never felt so much love for another person. I've never worked so hard. I've never been so tired. But, I have never been so happy. These have been the happiest months of my life. And I will be forever grateful to my Heavenly Father for giving me the opportunity to serve Him. I love being a missionary. And I love this Gospel. I know that it's true. I know that Joseph Smith restored the church to the earth under the direction of Jesus Christ. I know that by the power of God, he translated the Book of Mormon, and that it is true. I know that the Priesthood power is here on the earth. I know that the Holy Ghost is who testifies of truth. He is the third member of the Godhead and it is only by him, that we can know of the truth of all things. 
But most of all, I have come to learn, that Jesus Christ is my Savior. I know that He lives, because I have felt His love countless times. I know that he died for each and everyone of us. And because of this, we have the incredible blessing to repent and change. To become more like Him. I know that He lives because I have read the Book of Mormon, which is another testament of Him. I know that He lives because I have gone to church and have partaken of the Sacrament and applied His Atonement in my life. I know my Savior lives. And because He lives, we too can all live again someday. 
This is God's church on the earth. I know that with all my heart. And anyone and everyone can know the same if they will just act. Read, pray, go to church, be baptized, go to the temple, live the Gospel of Jesus Christ. If we do these things, our Heavenly Father will always bless us with what we need. 
I love my mission. I'm heartbroken to leave. It feels like I'm leaving home. But I know that this is just the beginning to so many more life changing experiences. Thank you to all of you, for your constant love and support over these 18 months. I have felt the power of your prayers when I was weak, and I have felt your love when I was most alone. I will always be grateful for the amazing people that helped me get here and become who I am today. I LOVE YOU THE MOST!

Hermana Wright      

 
 
 
     
     

    No comments:

    Post a Comment