Monday, March 17, 2014

This week marks my 1 year out!!!!
 
March 10th, 2014
 
Hey!

So this week was pretty good. We had two awesome experiences with potentials. So we were out looking for potentials on Tuesday and it was.... well it's not my favorite, but it's better than tracting. So we find this one woman and we were looking for a guy named Erick. She said that was her husband and that he wasn't home, but that we could come back Thursday and talk to her. So we set up a time. Then we kept walking and walking and walking and there was no one on the street cause it was in the middle and the day, then we looked for another potential. We know on the door and a woman answered and we asked if she knew the person, she told us that he had moved years ago. So we tried to find out where she was from and talk to her, but she told us she was very into her religion and strong in the Catholic church. So we tried talking about the English class and getting her to the church building.  She finally opened the screen door so we could see her, and she took the flyer. Then we kept talking about... I don't even know what, then she started crying, and told us to come in. Both me and Sister Warner looked at each other and made sure we had heard her right and understood Spanish, and ya she had told us to come in. So we did. and for the next hour, she told us everything that was happening in her life. Things with her son and granddaughter, she just got diagnosed with cancer the day before, and that day she had been praying all morning for help, and then we knocked on the door. It was an amazing experience to be able to be an answer to someones prayer. I was very humbled. At the end we asked if we could come back again, she said yes, but reminded us that she's Catholic, haha but regardless of what happens, it showed me that God really does listen to our prayers and that he loves all of his children. Please pray that she will have a softened heart and allow us to share the message we have this week. 
So on Thursday we went back to the woman we set an appointment with. We get there and she was cleaning off her porch and saw us come. She asked how long our message would take, we told her 20-30 minutes, she said she didn't have enough time for that, she we tole her 5 minutes. She said ok and came down and opened the door and let us in. And right after we prayed, it was amazing to watch the spirit work with her and soften her heart. She opened up and told us all everything that she had been struggling with this last year, with family, and she has a heart condition and a lot of other things. We were there much longer than 5 minutes! haha and at the end we gave her a Book of Mormon and she was so excited to have and to read it! She told us that the next time we come back to make sure and ask her how her reading is going! Oh p.s. she is from Peru, so I love her :)
Again it just showed me that the Lord is so aware of us and our needs. He really is there and he wants to bless us so bad. So my thought for this week is never give the Lord and excuse not to bless you. Do everything you are supposed to, even the little things, because they bring blessings too. 
I love you all so much. I 'm so grateful for all your love and support over this last year. It's been the best year of my life and I love being a missionary. I never want to leave, I never want to loose this feeling of being set apart. The gospel is true. I know that with out a doubt and I will forever be grateful for my mission. I LOVE YOU THE  MOST!

Kiera lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment